AMD Ready For Ryzen Linux Systems To Use AMD P-State Active Mode By Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Ready For Ryzen Linux Systems To Use AMD P-State Active Mode By Default

Phoronix: AMD Ready For Ryzen Linux Systems To Use AMD P-State Active Mode By Default

As a win for AMD Ryzen Linux systems for greater performance and power efficiency, AMD is ready to set their P-State driver's default operation mode to be the recently merged "active" mode for Ryzen laptops and desktops...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Finally. It got time.

Just queued this patchset some minutes before you posted for linux-cachyos for 6.3.7. Looking forward to have this in the upstream kernel.
    I also really like that it is possible to set a default mode (passive, guided, active).

Comment

Originally posted by ptr1337 View Post
      Finally. It got time.

Just queued this patchset some minutes before you posted for linux-cachyos for 6.3.7. Looking forward to have this in the upstream kernel.
      I also really like that it is possible to set a default mode (passive, guided, active).
      We don't need to know that

Comment

Originally posted by microchip8 View Post

As someone with a Zen 2 who uses CachyOS, I appreciated it. I like it when OS developers like ptr1337 or rene post things that pertain to the article at hand.

If you want some information you don't need to know: Both my cat Jo Jo and my Dad have the same birthday this month on the 26th. 1 and 61.

For more Information you don't need to know: Jo Jo was named after The Beatles song Get Back.

Comment

Another information that microchip8 don't need to know: 2 of my dogs don't have their names related to each other, however if you call them in a specific order, it will be the name of a obese singer, Jojo Todynho 😂😂😂
          Last edited by andrei_me; 05 June 2023, 05:01 PM.

Comment

I like turtles

Comment

still having sound driver problem with my renoir based chip ! even with the newest mainline rc kernel !! Everest audio chip is a pain in.... the ..

Comment

Originally posted by microchip8 View Post

Why not, it's on topic. Do you jump into conversations like this every time?

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

If you want some information you don't need to know: Both my cat Jo Jo and my Dad have the same birthday this month on the 26th. 1 and 61.
                  Now I dont know if I want to know but do your cat and your dad have more in common ?

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

Now I dont know if I want to know but do your cat and your dad have more in common ?
                    They both like a packed bowl

And, yes, that's the top of the fridge.

Oddly enough, my Mom's previous cat Duke had the same birthday as my Dad. Duke made it 3 weeks from being 21. He passed away 2 years ago.

The last picture I took of Duke. He went downhill fast over his last month.

Comment

Working...
                    X