Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI ACO Code Lands More Functionality

Phoronix: RadeonSI ACO Code Lands More Functionality

The ACO "Amd COmpiler" started by Valve for the Mesa RADV Vulkan driver has shown it can do wonders for Linux gaming performance and reducing game load times compared to AMD's official AMDGPU LLVM shader compiler back-end. Recently thanks to the work of Qiang Yu there has been much work hitting upstream Mesa for beginning to enable using the ACO compiler by the RadeonSI Gallium3D driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Has anyone already tried running something with AMD_DEBUG=useaco​? If yes, how does it work?

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
      Has anyone already tried running something with AMD_DEBUG=useaco​? If yes, how does it work?
      I've just benchmarked Unigine Heaven on my Vega 64. The score improved marginally and the avg FPS went from 82 fps > 82.3 fps. I saw a litle less stuttering but nothing dramatically different yet and the seen improvement could be within deviation from the first to the second run.

Comment

I have Steam Native installed. Will that use ACO by default? Do I need to run Runtime Steam for this?
        Hi

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
          I have Steam Native installed. Will that use ACO by default? Do I need to run Runtime Steam for this?
          On Steam you'll be using dxvk/vkd3d-proton, so you're not affected at all by these changes.
          Last edited by Gusar; 05 June 2023, 06:24 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Now if they can only release HDMI2.1 support and FSR3.0............

Comment

VOPD is for dual-issue support on RDNA3, right? I'm not very familiar with RDNA3.

Comment

Originally posted by brent View Post
                VOPD is for dual-issue support on RDNA3, right? I'm not very familiar with RDNA3.
                Yes, VOPD is needed in Wave32 mode to utilize the dual-issue feature of RDNA3.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post

On Steam you'll be using dxvk/vkd3d-proton, so you're not affected at all by these changes.
                  Actually this depends on the games he plays, any game on Steam using OpenGL rendering should profit from this work. But currently, the AMD_DEBUG=useaco environment variable needs to be set to enable ACO for the radeonSI driver. For DirectX or Vulkan titles, the RADV driver is used where ACO has been the default for some time now.

Comment

When is planned full ACO for radeonsi?

Comment

Working...
                    X