No announcement yet.

Apache NetBeans 18 Released With Many Improvements, Initial Support For Rust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apache NetBeans 18 Released With Many Improvements, Initial Support For Rust

Phoronix: Apache NetBeans 18 Released With Many Improvements, Initial Support For Rust

For those fond of the Apache NetBeans integrated development environment, NetBeans 18 is now available as the latest version of this programming IE primarily geared for Java, PHP, and HTML5/CSS development...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Do not get too excited, yet. The Rust support is not yet in mainline, so it has not released yet in NetBeans 18. It might debut in NetBeans 19 or 20, however people are working on that.

There are some recent activity on the Language Support side though. There are at least two Python support module in development, one will be on the community update center soon. There is syntax Highlight for Go, and HCL (HashiCorp Configuration Language) as initial support for those languages.

Comment

Rust is outdated, now Crab is my best friend 🦀

Comment

Originally posted by RejectModernity View Post
        Rust is rusty?

Comment

Originally posted by RejectModernity View Post

Comment

Eventually NetBeans will cease being known as a Java IDE and will be only known as a Rust IDE.... It was a matter of time. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
              Eventually NetBeans will cease being known as a Java IDE and will be only known as a Rust IDE.... It was a matter of time. LOL.
              Is it really known as a Java IDE? You can do Java-related stuff with it, but it's the most painful way of getting things done with Java. Dog-slow to start and do the initial project parsing, last I checked. Last version I cared about was 6.5.1, because it had a nice and useful UML diagram plugin. But it was abandoned after that.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Is it really known as a Java IDE? You can do Java-related stuff with it, but it's the most painful way of getting things done with Java. Dog-slow to start and do the initial project parsing, last I checked. Last version I cared about was 6.5.1, because it had a nice and useful UML diagram plugin. But it was abandoned after that.
                Version 6.5.1 was released more than 14 years ago. I think nothing has happened in the Software/Hardware industry during that time. Maybe the UML hype is still on...

Comment

Still waiting for improved Groovy support.

Comment

Originally posted by fithisux View Post
                    Still waiting for improved Groovy support.
                    Microsoft Groove is dead.

Comment

Working...
                    X