No announcement yet.

Intel's Open-Source Vulkan Driver Lands Another Small Performance Optimization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's Open-Source Vulkan Driver Lands Another Small Performance Optimization

Phoronix: Intel's Open-Source Vulkan Driver Lands Another Small Performance Optimization

Intel's open-source "ANV" Vulkan Linux driver has received another small but measurable performance improvement for various games...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I bet that sparse support PR haunts Faith Ekstrand's dreams. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by WiR3D View Post
      I bet that sparse support PR haunts Faith Ekstrand's dreams. Lol
      Maybe but i think this stay more closer than sparse for Faith Ekstrand's work

Comment

FYI: it seems as if work on enabling the foundation for sparse residency support in the kernel driver (i915) has been stopped, shifting focus to the newer Xe driver, as per https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...il/324237.html This seems to mean that there won't be sparse residency for older generation GPUs (prior to Xe) as well as an additional step for Xe-based GPUs to be cleared, as the Xe-driver has afaik not reached mainline yet. I guess we are looking at several more months of waiting

Comment

Originally posted by Betaminos View Post
          FYI: it seems as if work on enabling the foundation for sparse residency support in the kernel driver (i915) has been stopped, shifting focus to the newer Xe driver, as per https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...il/324237.html This seems to mean that there won't be sparse residency for older generation GPUs (prior to Xe) as well as an additional step for Xe-based GPUs to be cleared, as the Xe-driver has afaik not reached mainline yet. I guess we are looking at several more months of waiting
          Damn. And I really want it on my 7th gen CPU.
          I guess I'll have to do it myself.
          When I have EnoughTime™️

Comment

Strange Brigade vulkan might be nice to add to the next Intel Arc windows vs linux benchmarks.

Comment

Working...
            X