Fedora 38 Released With GNOME 44 Desktop, GCC 13, Many New Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 38 Released With GNOME 44 Desktop, GCC 13, Many New Features

Phoronix: Fedora 38 Released With GNOME 44 Desktop, GCC 13, Many New Features

Fedora 38 has been released today after meeting its early release target...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I updated four hours ago, so far so good but then I'm a user of semi-alive XFCE, so regressions weren't expected.

Comment

Originally posted by rene
      Nothing like releasing an OS based on a unreleased Beta code quality compiler. Something RH has done often and burned their fingers a couple of times, ...
      There's always Debian stable. I prefer latest and greatest software. Btw. wallpaper is one of the worst in entire history.

Comment

Nothing like releasing an OS based on a unreleased Beta code quality compiler. Something RH has done often and burned their fingers a couple of times, ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36iqByglkCw
        I mean...that's kind of Fedora's thing to be the bleeding edge. I can see why they squeezed it in there. Personally, I've been running Fedora with the all the testing repos turned on for a good 6+ months now and it's been working fine outside of some non-Fedora specific bugs in 3rd party software.

Comment

I upgraded from F37 to F38 today, and it went very smoothly.
          Even my Gnome plugins are working after the upgrade.

Comment

I wonder what is up with the Fedora website? I'm just getting a blank page. Are they trying to use some super-slick new web technology that doesn't actually work?

Update: Yes, indeed they are. Download page works though. Bunch of geniuses, too smart for their own good.
            Last edited by andyprough; 18 April 2023, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Pretty cool, I hope SilverBlue is also released, gonna check thing later when I'm home.

Had some video issues with wayland, or gnome or amd on 37 I hope theyre gone.

Comment

Nothing like releasing an OS based on a unreleased Beta code quality compiler. Something RH has done often and burned their fingers a couple of times, ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36iqByglkCw
                The last time RedHat did that was probably before you were born at the time of RedHat 7.0 or something when they used GCC 2.96 which was never officially released and it was actually GCC 2.95 heavily patched by RH. They have stopped doing that over two decades ago and your message is nothing but a poor attempt to slander an otherwise perfectly working distro I'm typing this message from.

How many Fedora distros have you ever used? When did you use it the last time? Where are the proofs that Fedora is less stable and more prone to crashes thanks to "unreleased beta code quality compiler"? What I see is lies, FUD and exaggerations. Only I don't understand on whose behalf and why you're doing that. Fedora is completely free.

Actually I've gone ahead and reported your message. Either you prove it with facts or I hope it gets deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

There's always Debian stable. I prefer latest and greatest software. Btw. wallpaper is one of the worst in entire history.
                  which wallpaper the Debian one?

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post

The last time RedHat did that was probably before you were born at the time of RedHat 7.0 or something when they used GCC 2.96 which was never officially released and it was actually GCC 2.95 heavily patched by RH. They have stopped doing that over two decades ago and your message is nothing but a poor attempt to slander an otherwise perfectly working distro I'm typing this message from.

How many Fedora distros have you ever used? When did you use it the last time? Where are the proofs that Fedora is less stable and more prone to crashes thanks to "unreleased beta code quality compiler"? What I see is lies, FUD and exaggerations. Only I don't understand on whose behalf and why you're doing that. Fedora is completely free.

Actually I've gone ahead and reported your message. Either you prove it with facts or I hope it gets deleted.
                    thanks, I was already alive and had to endure that :-/

Comment

Working...
                    X