Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Libinput 1.23 Brings New "Custom" Pointer Acceleration Profile, Better Razer Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libinput 1.23 Brings New "Custom" Pointer Acceleration Profile, Better Razer Support

Phoronix: Libinput 1.23 Brings New "Custom" Pointer Acceleration Profile, Better Razer Support

José Expósito announced the release this weekend of libinput 1.23, the input handling library used these days across the Linux desktop for both X.Org/X11 and Wayland based environments. With libinput 1.23 comes a few notable new features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This custom profile allows the user to tweak the profile to their exact desired configuration based on input speed preference.
    Wait, so not only is it enabled by default, but you couldn't even adjust it until now?

Comment

My Dell laptop touchpad provides a hit and miss experience with every update. Luckily it is very easy to rollback with Fedora Silverblue. But still it is really annoying.

Comment

I wonder if there is a solution for touchpads that have a poor resolution, older touchpads are often really juddery under linux

Comment

"Custom"? Does this mean I can finally change the cursor speed?

Comment

Already within X.Org's xf86-input-libinput driver is support for this new profile while on the Wayland side it's now up to compositors to expose the new functionality to their users.
            And this neatly summarizes my main gripe with the Wayland ecosystem. If everyone had pooled their effort together for a single shared implementation (like with X.Org, or XFree back in the day), we would have been so much further ahead by now. As it is, I still run into issues every time I try to switch to Wayland (which I try about once a year, on Arch Linux).

Comment

Originally posted by Vorpal View Post

And this neatly summarizes my main gripe with the Wayland ecosystem. If everyone had pooled their effort together for a single shared implementation (like with X.Org, or XFree back in the day), we would have been so much further ahead by now. As it is, I still run into issues every time I try to switch to Wayland (which I try about once a year, on Arch Linux).
              Common shared core is not always a good thing. It reduces the code duplication but limits the flexibility. I'm sure the developers will extract shared libraries if they think it will benefit them (see libinput). Let the developers work the way they like.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorpal View Post

we would be further away, imagine gnome and kde trying to come to terms on something? HA! fat chance.

Comment

When fingerprint reader support?

Comment

Originally posted by kruger View Post

Common shared core is not always a good thing. It reduces the code duplication but limits the flexibility. I'm sure the developers will extract shared libraries if they think it will benefit them (see libinput). Let the developers work the way they like.
                    Arcan has common shared code, but is very flexible at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                    X