Mesa 23.1 RADV Gets Vulkan Mesh/Task Shaders Working For AMD RDNA3 GPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 23.1 RADV Gets Vulkan Mesh/Task Shaders Working For AMD RDNA3 GPUs

Phoronix: Mesa 23.1 RADV Gets Vulkan Mesh/Task Shaders Working For AMD RDNA3 GPUs

Thanks to the work of Timur Kristóf on Valve's Linux graphics driver team, the RADV driver in Mesa 23.1 this morning received support for Vulkan mesh and task shaders for Radeon RX 7000 series "RDNA3" graphics processors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael Larabel , tried to reach you privately, Twitter and all failed, so check this Blender info out and then feel free to delete this message

HIPRT enables AMD hardware ray tracing on RDNA2 and above and fallbacks to shader implementation for graphic cards that support HIP but not hardware ray tracing. The ray tracing feature functions are accessed through HIPRT SDK (available on GPUOpen). HIPRT SDK allows the developer to build the b...

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post

Mesa 23.1 should be out in May~June with the mesh shader support for AMD RNDA3

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMorpheus View Post
        Michael Larabel , tried to reach you privately, Twitter and all failed, so check this Blender info out and then feel free to delete this message

https://projects.blender.org/blender...r/pulls/105538
        For some reason this forum has a rather low (in my opinion) limit of private discussions (50!).

I suggest you send him an email. It's the most effective way.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

For some reason this forum has a rather low (in my opinion) limit of private discussions (50!).

I suggest you send him an email. It's the most effective way.
          I wasnt sure which Michael is from the user list, so I then tried to send the message to the Administrator and that one said that was over the received message limit! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMorpheus View Post

I wasnt sure which Michael is from the user list, so I then tried to send the message to the Administrator and that one said that was over the received message limit! :-)
            Make a mispelling in your post. Then Tildearrow will report it to Michael and he'll see it.

Comment

Working...
            X