Microsoft Increasing Linux Security On Hyper-V With VTL/VSM Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Increasing Linux Security On Hyper-V With VTL/VSM Support

Phoronix: Microsoft Increasing Linux Security On Hyper-V With VTL/VSM Support

Microsoft engineers continue to work heavily on enhancing the Linux support for Hyper-V considering that in the Azure public cloud at last report was more than 50% of their VMs running Linux. Microsoft has continued implementing more Hyper-V features within the Linux kernel and their latest is working on Virtual Trust Level (VTL) integration as part of Virtual Secure Mode (VSM) handling...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks cool, I can see why this appeals to them. It sounds a lot like the "Virtualization-based security" enclaves in Windows.

I do wonder whether its use is mutually exclusive with VM memory encryption / SEV.

Comment

I've seen Microsoft Hyper-V (on Windows) "circumvent" anti-cheats and Nvidia's feature to bisect their GPU into "smaller GPUs" (as I hear it, it's a enterprise feature and a feature that costs), if these features becomes possible with Microsoft providing Hyper-V on the Linux Kernel I be both surprised and count for another reason not to use Windows.

Obviously I doubt it...as one should.

Comment

Working...
      X