CrossOver 22.1 Released With Updated VKD3D 1.5, More Gaming Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CrossOver 22.1 Released With Updated VKD3D 1.5, More Gaming Improvements

Phoronix: CrossOver 22.1 Released With Updated VKD3D 1.5, More Gaming Improvements

Following last month's release of Wine 8.0 stable with much of Wine's upstream development being carried out by CodeWeavers employees, CodeWeavers has now released CrossOver 22.1 as their commercial product for enjoying Windows games and applications on both Linux and macOS...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The question is rather, do they really make any money out of it after the whole bottles, proton, Lutris took over the recent years. I still could remember when i just started with Linux back in 2008 and wanted to run some Windows games/applications and stumbeling on CrossOver.

Comment

Originally posted by shinger View Post
      The question is rather, do they really make any money out of it after the whole bottles, proton, Lutris took over the recent years. I still could remember when i just started with Linux back in 2008 and wanted to run some Windows games/applications and stumbeling on CrossOver.
      They make money the same way Red Hat makes money with RHEL, by providing paid support.

Comment

GeekBench 6 has been released. Fire it up!

Comment

Originally posted by cooperate View Post

They make money the same way Red Hat makes money with RHEL, by providing paid support.
          I thought back then that CrossOver was paid software. I still can remember when they were giving discount.

Comment

It's still paid software. You get a 2 week trial. The big money makers are Mac and ChromeOS support, particularly for the ARM-x64 translation.

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post
              GeekBench 6 has been released. Fire it up!
              what is your personal goal or gain by benchmark your own system ?
              Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Neat. Useful for getting the annoying MS Office suite running, will have to test if there's any major regression or bug/performance fixes for that.

Comment

For a commercial product that started out as a "run MS Office on Linux" as its main selling point it really doesn't do that anymore. I try a trial about every other release. I download the O365 Office installer and it doesn't work. Just crashes. Read some of the docs / hints, try those options...still doesn't work.

note: this is more for trying it for trying it sake. LibreOffice does me just fine 90% of the time and O365 Web Edition covers the rest well enough.

Comment

Working...
                  X