Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• labwc 0.6.1 Released For Window-Stacking Wayland Compositor

Phoronix: labwc 0.6.1 Released For Window-Stacking Wayland Compositor

Labwc that has been in development for a few years as a window-stacking Wayland compositor issued its latest release this weekend...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice to see innovation and diversity in window managers and compositors continue even in the post-X11 Wayland world.

Comment

Whoa... A screenshot of a Wayland compositor?!? This one actually has screenshotting capability?

Comment

Originally posted by ed31337 View Post
        Whoa... A screenshot of a Wayland compositor?!? This one actually has screenshotting capability?
        Hah, Wayland has caught up with the 80s.

Can't wait for the 90s mouse cursor themes / trails now. Hopefully it won't be dead before that.

Comment

People can joke away, but I'm happy to see this. Turns out in the Fedora 37 repos, so I installed it. I have been using Sway a lot, but I'd like to see what a lightweight Wayland native window manager might have to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

Hah, Wayland has caught up with the 80s.
            Can't you just use grim? It's been around for quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post
              Can't you just use grim? It's been around for quite a while.
              Nope. I just tried grim on Wayfire 0.7.5 -- doesn't seem to do anything here. So, you have to have a Wayland compositor that supports whatever API grim is using. If Gentoo gets labwc, I might have to switch over.

Comment

Nope. I just tried grim on Wayfire 0.7.5 -- doesn't seem to do anything here. So, you have to have a Wayland compositor that supports whatever API grim is using. If Gentoo gets labwc, I might have to switch over.
                It's working fine for me with sway, and I'm pretty sure I used it with wayfire, back when I was running that. I'm also on gentoo, but I installed wayfire using their script off github.

Comment

Grim works on Wayfire, maybe read the manual on how to use it.

Comment

Well, I'll be. It does work on Wayfire (once you specify an output file)!

I was reading the web page where it suggests you can just run "grim" without any command line parameters and it should "Screenshoot all outputs." But that example is a dud. The "man grim" documentation is much better.

This is great. Thanks guys!
                    Last edited by ed31337; 31 January 2023, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X