Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Sends Last Minute Fixes To Linux 6.0 For RDNA3 Graphics Cards

Phoronix: AMD Sends Last Minute Fixes To Linux 6.0 For RDNA3 Graphics Cards

Linux 6.0 should be released as stable on Sunday unless Linus Torvalds has last minute reservations and decides to extend the cycle by an extra week. AMD has sent in a last minute set of patches for their AMDGPU kernel driver with Linux 6.0 for dealing with what appear to be the upcoming RDNA3 graphics cards...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

no chance of regression on existing asics
    Famous last words lol.

Comment

This fall is going to be fantastic for us hardware junkies.

Comment

I will be giving RDNA 3 a try a year and a half after release, will either be a 7700XT or a 7800XT type kit, I think I might have got a flawed 6800XT from Powercolor. Next go round I will be buying a MSI Radeon GPU. People talk crap on MSI but my RTX 3070 has been great.
        Last edited by creative; 01 October 2022, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Is there any hint that RDNA3 cards will come with DisplayPort 2.0? I was really disappointed that NVIDIA didn't bother with it. Having issues with HDMI2.1 support under Linux with open-drivers obviously... (I know its HDMI forum to blame, but more pressure needed)

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
            Is there any hint that RDNA3 cards will come with DisplayPort 2.0? I was really disappointed that NVIDIA didn't bother with it. Having issues with HDMI2.1 support under Linux with open-drivers obviously... (I know its HDMI forum to blame, but more pressure needed)
            DP 2.0 has the exact same bandwidth as 1.4, just to be clear.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
              Is there any hint that RDNA3 cards will come with DisplayPort 2.0?
              Rumor is it will, but nothing official yet.

Comment

Working...
              X