Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoronix Oktoberfest Special Begins, Premium Now Accept Stripe & Corporate Subscriptions Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Oktoberfest Special Begins, Premium Now Accept Stripe & Corporate Subscriptions Available

Phoronix: Phoronix Oktoberfest Special Begins, Premium Now Accept Stripe & Corporate Subscriptions Available

A decade ago there used to be an annual Phoronix pilgrimage (and closest thing in many years to taking a vacation/holiday/day-off for me) to Oktoberfest and a meet-up of Phoronix readers. While Oktoberfest is kicking off this weekend in Munich after a two year hiatus due to the pandemic, unfortunately, there is no Phoronix event. But will be in spirit and making use of the occasion by running the annual "Oktoberfest sale" if wishing to show your support for all the Linux hardware reviews, benchmarking, and open-source news carried out each and every day. Additionally, Stripe is now accepted for Phoronix Premium subscriptions as an alternative to PayPal. Phoronix Premium corporate subscriptions are also now being offered...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Apparently Enhanced Tracking Protection on Firefox blocks ads on your site. I'm not really sure why, but I've made an exception now for Phoronix.

Would it benefit you to have a recurring tip system, so people could chip in a couple of dollars a month or similar? That way, people who don't want to spend a big chunk can still do repeat donations.

Comment

Come to think of it, ethicalads might be useful in terms of working even when some adblockers are present.

Comment

Prost, Michael! 🍻

Comment

Originally posted by hamishmb View Post
          Apparently Enhanced Tracking Protection on Firefox blocks ads on your site. I'm not really sure why, but I've made an exception now for Phoronix.

Would it benefit you to have a recurring tip system, so people could chip in a couple of dollars a month or similar? That way, people who don't want to spend a big chunk can still do repeat donations.
          For those wanting to do less than the $5 per month Phoronix Premium monthly rate, PayPal allows setting up recurring donations/tips already.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thanks for the Stripe link Michael, it makes it super easy to tip now, since they support Apple Pay. No accounts or extra information needed.

I’ll make sure to tip again when the exchange rate improves a bit (hopefully).

Comment

My bad, glad the option already exists

Comment

I just re-upped for another year. I would REALLY like to see some benchmarks of OpenBSD 7.2 once it is released in the coming months compared to 7.1. There were supposed to be some big networking speedups according to undeadly.org especially for the em driver which drives wired Intel NICs. Please and Thank You for all you do Michael, appreciate it! Thankful even if you don't do the 7.1 vs 7.2 benchmarks.

Comment

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
                  I just re-upped for another year. I would REALLY like to see some benchmarks of OpenBSD 7.2 once it is released in the coming months compared to 7.1. There were supposed to be some big networking speedups according to undeadly.org especially for the em driver which drives wired Intel NICs. Please and Thank You for all you do Michael, appreciate it! Thankful even if you don't do the 7.1 vs 7.2 benchmarks.
                  Thanks, just extended on your account.

Please remind me when 7.2 is out and assuming I can get it running om some new-ish hardware around here, happy to run the benchmarks.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Totally random (and I hope I don’t jinx this) but I seriously appreciate that Michael does not accept cryptocurrency.

I intend to reup my premium membership soon. Thanks for all your hard work!

Comment

Working...
                    X