Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome 106 Beta Adds Pop-Up API, SerialPort BYOB Reader Support

Phoronix: Chrome 106 Beta Adds Pop-Up API, SerialPort BYOB Reader Support

Following this week's release of Chrome 105, Google has promoted Chrome 106 to their beta channel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

As an origin trial is a Pop-Up API for building transient user-interface elements that display on top of other web app interface elements. This Pop-Up API is intended for action menus, form element suggestions, content pickers, and other similar uses where wanting to force something to be displayed over all other elements.
    ...so, like the <dialog> element but without assuming everything else will be covered by a backdrop?

Comment

Google just announced ANOTHER zero-day and ANOTHER emergency release today. What a complete crapfest. Calling chrome the new Internet Explorer would be unfair to IE.

Comment

I love the fact that I can now use navigator.userAgentData.getHighEntropyValues() to get the OS I am using, its version, the hardware architecture and the full version of the navigator. I'm pretty sure this would not allow malicious actors to exactly select the payload they are going to send me if I ever visit a breached website. That's so kind of the W3C. After all, what could possibly go wrong?

(for the record: I understand that the current UA string already contain this information; but devising a replacing API (because the new API is supposed to, in the end, replace the UA string by using client hints that would tell the server what the client is able to do) and not thinking to that is just plain dumb.

Comment

Working...
        X