Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qt Group Expanding Beyond Just The Toolkit Into More QA Software With New Acquisition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt Group Expanding Beyond Just The Toolkit Into More QA Software With New Acquisition

Phoronix: Qt Group Expanding Beyond Just The Toolkit Into More QA Software With New Acquisition

While the Qt Group (most recently known as The Qt Company) is known for its Qt toolkit and related Qt Creator integrated development environment, Qt Design Studio, and related software centered around their cross-platform toolkit, they have acquired German software maker Axivion GmbH as they expand their product portfolio beyond just Qt...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice. When should we start expecting fewer Qt bugs? :P

Comment

Stopping software erosion? 🤣

I'm afraid, Qt has less future than Stadia.

I predict more proprietary differences between commercial Qt version and Open Source release. Also, even more bloat.

Unfortunately, I dislike GTK too. It has some advantages, but an ancient programming language and a toxic programming method. Slow abd disruptive transitioning between major versions.

I want more real competition against Qt, please. And make GTK suck less, please

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
        Nice. When should we start expecting fewer Qt bugs? :P
        Never, it's too big for a toolkit.

Comment

Didn't they say they don't have money and that's why they need more people to pay for it and they started requiring accounts, withholding updates, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
            Didn't they say they don't have money and that's why they need more people to pay for it and they started requiring accounts, withholding updates, etc?
            Asking to be paid for your work is not the same as saying you don't have money. You seem to be under the impression they're running a charity.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Asking to be paid for your work is not the same as saying you don't have money. You seem to be under the impression they're running a charity.
              No, I remember them making the impression they're very tight on money and asking for donations and that didn't pan out apparently and they started delaying the public source release of new versions.
              The other nasty/silly thing - their website is a maize you can't find the free version trying to lure you into buying their stuff. There are good reasons to dislike them.

Unfortunately there's no better toolkit for now.

Comment

Yep, being the most viable option we have doesn't mean it doesn't suck. It does. And IMO is not getting better. It is out of control at this point. They introduce bugs much faster than they are able or willing to fix. They wasted years of development on bloated, poorly designed apis that they now plan to basically completely redesign and rewrite, whilst carrying the handicap of backward compatibility,... I bet it will be a very smooth transition...

Comment

will flutter replace QT in future?

Comment

Originally posted by arun54321 View Post
                    will flutter replace QT in future?
                    You really want to base your application on Googles goodwill? The cancel project faster than I can produce bugs. 😎

Comment

Working...
                    X