DXVK 1.10.3 Released With Shared Fences - Needed By Halo Infinite On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK 1.10.3 Released With Shared Fences - Needed By Halo Infinite On Linux

Phoronix: DXVK 1.10.3 Released With Shared Fences - Needed By Halo Infinite On Linux

DXVK 1.10.3 has been released as the newest update for an upcoming Proton release, which powers Steam Play for allowing Windows games to run often very well under Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael

Speaking of Halo Infinite, could You give this game a try with the latest Proton-Experimental version on Your Steam Deck?

I'm asking because the latest reports on ProtonDB.com indicate that it runs rather well now, whereas a recent video by Digital Foundry showed that in the open world area the game is unplayable with Windows running (or rather crawling) on the Steam Deck.

Now imagine the headlines You could make when showing the world that Microsoft's very own poster child is able to run better on SteamOS vs. Windows!

Perhaps You could even do this via a video on YouTube, which could be the start of a new career path, aswell?

Bonus points if You manage to put this facial expression of Yours into the title image:

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post
      Michael

Speaking of Halo Infinite, could You give this game a try with the latest Proton-Experimental version on Your Steam Deck?

I'm asking because the latest reports on ProtonDB.com indicate that it runs rather well now, whereas a recent video by Digital Foundry showed that in the open world area the game is unplayable with Windows running (or rather crawling) on the Steam Deck.
      Unfortunately not aware of Halo Infinite having any automated-friendly benchmark mode, so likely wouldn't be worthwhile purchasing the game for just some quick manual tests. If there is some great benchmarking support, would be glad to know.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Unfortunately not aware of Halo Infinite having any automated-friendly benchmark mode, so likely wouldn't be worthwhile purchasing the game for just some quick manual tests. If there is some great benchmarking support, would be glad to know.
        I was under the impression the multiplayer part of Infinite is free, but I'm not sure if reports or benchmarks are useful for that or the campaign.

Comment

Working...
        X