Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox 103 Better Handles High Refresh Displays, WebGL Performance Fix On NVIDIA Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 103 Better Handles High Refresh Displays, WebGL Performance Fix On NVIDIA Driver

Phoronix: Firefox 103 Better Handles High Refresh Displays, WebGL Performance Fix On NVIDIA Driver

Mozilla's Firefox 103 web browser is now available from mirrors as the latest monthly update to this open-source, cross-platform browser...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

does it staill have VAAPI enabled by default?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
      I suppose you meant whether it still *not* enabled by default. Yes, one still have to enable it via `media.ffmpeg.vaapi.enabled` or `media.hardware-video-decoding.force-enabled` if your distro does not enable it by default (Fedora does, for example). It's worth mentioning though that the list of open issues got much shorter and are now mostly about edge case issues or hardware/driver specific. All the big refactorings (moving it into the right process etc.) appear to be done though.

I really like the fact the DMABuf support now works across the board, showing that if both drivers and apps implement/use the right APIs there's no need for multiple code paths.

Comment

how to know if dma-buf is enabled?

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisS. View Post
          how to know if dma-buf is enabled?
          Go to about:support and search for dmabuf. It should be "available by default". Then go to any webgl website and check if it runs at native refresh rate (e.g. https://webglsamples.org/aquarium/aquarium.html, which shows FPS)

Comment

Originally posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
            Pretty sure I read somewhere that the VAAPI fix will be in FF104.

Comment

Originally posted by ezst036 View Post

It seems to be fixed in 103 at least on my end, still not enabled by default though.

Comment

With this update, you can get horizontal two-fingers gestures to navigate (1) working.

Code:
                widget.disable-swipe-tracker = false
                (1) https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1539730
                Last edited by juxuanu; 26 July 2022, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ezst036 View Post

It was already fixed in FF102 for many users. You just need to enable the option.

Comment

I want to know more about the high-refresh rates improvements, where do I need to look?

Comment

Working...
                    X