Qualcomm Working On Vulkan Image Processing With New v1.3.222 Extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualcomm Working On Vulkan Image Processing With New v1.3.222 Extensions

Phoronix: Qualcomm Working On Vulkan Image Processing With New v1.3.222 Extensions

Released today was Vulkan 1.3.222 as the newest Vulkan spec with various clarifications/corrections plus two new extensions coming out of Qualcomm...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is cool.

Comment

I wish someone would make a MadVr-like video renderer with Vulkan to be able to watch movies with really high quality like on Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
        I wish someone would make a MadVr-like video renderer with Vulkan to be able to watch movies with really high quality like on Windows.
        I agree. I think Vulkan should embrace advanced video stuff too.
        Last edited by timofonic; 21 July 2022, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
          why not use mpv or a derivative?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

why not use mpv or a derivative?
            Because mpv is a video player while madvr is a rendering engine for a video player if you do Home Cinema on Windows madvr is what you use it offers Cuvid/Nvdec DXVA/D3DVideo and so on a load of Hardware Rendering lots of Hardware Software deinterlacing, Upscaling/Downscaling/Colorspacescaling in whatever crasy way you want from simple Biliniear to i dont even know what that funky algorithm is called, with tearing suppression(smoot motions) and frame variation time less than 1ms, and you can throw allmost everything at it from SDTV to 4K.

Comment

Originally posted by erniv2 View Post

Because mpv is a video player while madvr is a rendering engine for a video player if you do Home Cinema on Windows madvr is what you use it offers Cuvid/Nvdec DXVA/D3DVideo and so on a load of Hardware Rendering lots of Hardware Software deinterlacing, Upscaling/Downscaling/Colorspacescaling in whatever crasy way you want from simple Biliniear to i dont even know what that funky algorithm is called, with tearing suppression(smoot motions) and frame variation time less than 1ms, and you can throw allmost everything at it from SDTV to 4K.
              all of which MPV can do to. but lets do a checklist

cuda/nvdec check
              dxva/d3dvideo check
              hardware and software de interlacing, check
              crazy upscaling and downscaling, check
              frame variation, and low frame timings, check
              tearing suppression, check

got anymore you want to compare?

both MPV and VLC 4.0 will share libplacebo for rendering anyways. (MPVs gpu-next). so a lot of this will be available when VLC 4.0 comes out (so never xD)

Comment

Originally posted by erniv2 View Post

Then what's libmpv?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Then what's libmpv?
                  I think libplacebo would be close to what is being asked? not sure.

Comment

Working...
                  X