Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Ready With Habana Labs Gaudi2 Support For Linux 5.20

Phoronix: Intel Ready With Habana Labs Gaudi2 Support For Linux 5.20

Last month Intel began publishing the Linux kernel driver changes needed for Habana Labs' Gaudi2 AI accelerator. That enablement and subsequent kernel review process has went well and that hardware support has now been queued into char-misc ahead of the upcoming Linux 5.20 merge window...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Toys for rich people... unfortunately. :-/

Comment

Uh, waddayaknow?! The previous wonderfully ponderous comment just promoted me to "Senior Member".
      Who would have thought that seniority was linked to the number of posts? I always thought it was connected to the subscription age... Ha ha!

Comment

Originally posted by _ReD_ View Post
        Uh, waddayaknow?! The previous wonderfully ponderous comment just promoted me to "Senior Member".
        Who would have thought that seniority was linked to the number of posts? I always thought it was connected to the subscription age... Ha ha!
        Congratulations, Sire Senior Member _ReD_ !

Comment

Consider the following discussion (a free interpretation of a shamelessly copied line from the article):

"the driver enablement isn't too invasive
          its about 158k lines of new code"
          "Whaddyoumean with "not too invasive"?
          That's a super mild massive code drop!"

"Well, most amounts to header files"
          "Aaah, header files don't count.
          That's completely normal then"

Comment

Working...
          X