Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Turns 18 Years Old For Covering Linux Hardware

Phoronix: Phoronix Turns 18 Years Old For Covering Linux Hardware

It was eighteen years ago today that I started Phoronix.com to focus on Linux hardware reviews. Back then it was difficult getting peripherals working under Linux from 56k modems to printers and other components today where Linux support can just be assumed. Open-source graphics drivers back then were also in their infancy and lacking vendor support while NVIDIA was well regarded then for their proprietary driver being at least featureful and performant. It's been quite a journey...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thank you for your hard work and dedication, Michael!

Comment

Happy Birthday Phoronix!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

WHAT! You didn't publish on the 20 of May 2012? You'll be damned for this!!!

Your dedication is an example for everybody! We can't be enough thankful to you for your amazing work and what you've done for the FLOSS community during all these years. I hope it will last for at least this century...

I wish you and Phoronix a long and prosper life.

Cheers
          Et si je poussais une longue plainte déchirante pudiquement masquée sous la morsure cinglante de mon humour ravageur?

Comment

Congrats on your 18th birthday, Phoronix! You’re now old enough to buy alcohol (at least where I live), so I’ll toss some beer money into the hat ;-)

Comment

Thank you, Michael!

Comment

Thank you for your effort Michael

Comment

Happy birthday Phoronix. Thanks your dedication, longevity and quality work.

Comment

Congratulations and celebrations! Thank you for everything you do for us - you seem to have unlimited time lol. I truly appreciate your dedication! Here's to 18 more years!

Comment

Working...
                    X