Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rockchip VOP2 DRM Driver Coming To Linux 5.19 For Display Support With Newer SoCs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockchip VOP2 DRM Driver Coming To Linux 5.19 For Display Support With Newer SoCs

Phoronix: Rorkchip VOP2 DRM Driver Coming To Linux 5.19 For Display Support With Newer SoCs

In addition to the ASpeed AST2600 DisplayPort support sent in as part of this week's drm-misc-next updates intended for Linux 5.19, another prominent addition worthy of its own article is the Rockchip VOP2 display driver being mainlined...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting news.
    So it will support rk3588?

I hope that RockChip starts to mainline its SoCs drivers, its more than time!
    kudos for the pingutronix for helping on this.

Comment

I don't know how or why Rockchip and other manufacturers do it but it's like they can do really cool non top SOC's but they don't provide sources so people can't get it's full potential. I suppose rockchip would want it's SOCs to be the go-to for any non mainstream hardware project but then don't provide the tools. IP and that kind of things screwing everyone i suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by ServerGarbage View Post
        I don't know how or why Rockchip and other manufacturers do it but it's like they can do really cool non top SOC's but they don't provide sources so people can't get it's full potential. I suppose rockchip would want it's SOCs to be the go-to for any non mainstream hardware project but then don't provide the tools. IP and that kind of things screwing everyone i suppose.
        What works for them...
        Seems they are confident getting one SW version to their customers and leaving it as-is, with OS picking up the pieces (way) later.

Not what I would like, but just look at the bootloader, its a really old u-boot branch, but its "stable" as their scheme hasn't changed for 10+ years. Ie. their customers can just drop in new chips, and still use decade old tools for everything.

Comment

Working...
        X