Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Ready With Mesa 22.0, Early Intel Arc Graphics Enabled & Amber Added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Ready With Mesa 22.0, Early Intel Arc Graphics Enabled & Amber Added

Phoronix: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Ready With Mesa 22.0, Early Intel Arc Graphics Enabled & Amber Added

At the end of March Ubuntu 22.04 "Jammy Jellyfish" successfully transitioned from the former Mesa 21.3 series to Mesa 22.0 as the current stable series for these open-source OpenGL/Vulkan drivers. There are also a few changes to mention with Ubuntu 22.04's Mesa support this LTS cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is anyone else seeing their messages go into "Unapproved" state?

I think I should reenable my ad-blocker here (or maybe just go somewhere else). I'm don't have particularly controversial views - maybe I shouldn't have dissed Nvidia or praised the M1 chips? It'll be bad if I'm banned before Birdie.

Comment

Originally posted by OneTimeShot View Post

I think I should reenable my ad-blocker here (or maybe just go somewhere else). I'm don't have particularly controversial views - maybe I shouldn't have dissed Nvidia or praised the M1 chips? It'll be bad if I'm banned before Birdie.
      Happens to me regularly. Whatever is used as antispam here works horribly. Michael pays very little attention to these forums and as far as I know there's just one moderator who has other things to do than looking after the forums 24x7. For instance icons have been broken for several months already for non-US users - Michael said, "I'd try this" - "this" didn't work and the issue persists. Not to mention that among paid forums vBulletin is one of the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by OneTimeShot View Post

Yeah. I started noticing it around daylight savings for both me and other people.

Heck, this morning I noticed a post was "Unapproved" after it had been approved and quoted yesterday morning.

Comment

They can do whatever they wan, I still cannot stand Snap garbage!

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
            They can do whatever they wan, I still cannot stand Snap garbage!
            Yeah, I switched to flatpak Firefox and it started soo much faster then the snap 22.04 installed for me. That is going to generate a lot of backlash for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

Happens to me regularly. ...
              I would be surprised if this would not be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by peterdk View Post

Yeah, I switched to flatpak Firefox and it started soo much faster then the snap 22.04 installed for me. That is going to generate a lot of backlash for sure.
                Likely, but imho most people won't notice because NVMe and SSDs are so fast it's a lot less observable.

I strongly believe developers should use HDDs so that they sooner notice the lag in their software products.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

Likely, but imho most people won't notice because NVMe and SSDs are so fast it's a lot less observable.

I strongly believe developers should use HDDs so that they sooner notice the lag in their software products.
                  I use a AMD 5900X and a NVME PCIE SSD, and I had to wait like 4 seconds until the browser started with the Snap, that was very noticeable and a big change from the DEB versiof of previous Ubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

Happens to me regularly. Whatever is used as antispam here works horribly. Michael pays very little attention to these forums and as far as I know there's just one moderator who has other things to do than looking after the forums 24x7. For instance icons have been broken for several months already for non-US users - Michael said, "I'd try this" - "this" didn't work and the issue persists. Not to mention that among paid forums vBulletin is one of the worst.
                    You trigger me to "inspect" and found this
                    I disable the corresponding background-image temporarily then UI icons show up.

Comment

Working...
                    X