Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LoongArch Port Merged For GCC 12

Phoronix: LoongArch Port Merged For GCC 12

In continuation of last week's article that the GCC steering committee approved landing of LoongArch as a new port to this MIPS-derived Chinese CPU architecture, the code was merged on Tuesday...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Maybe I am lacking at Google-fu, but where would one buy a LoongArch processor and motherboard?

Comment

Originally posted by NovenTheHero View Post
      Maybe I am lacking at Google-fu, but where would one buy a LoongArch processor and motherboard?
      that's a good question..
      I believe its not ready for the final user, however for someone that wants to contribute its a good option.

Comment

I wonder how one plans on doing anything with it without the ability to purchase it. It would be interesting to really look at these independent processor architectures and put them through their paces. I know that I saw a post here about them running benchmarks with the PTS, so I wonder if that is just the company internal team running them.

Comment

Originally posted by NovenTheHero View Post
          You can buy them from Taobao or JD.com. Search for "龙芯3A5000" or just "3A5000" there, and you will be able to find MBs, laptops, and desktops. You may also go to Bilibili and search for "3A5000". There are already quite some users posting review videos.

At this moment, I believe they are only mainly targeting domestic markets. Some sellers might accept international shipping though.

Comment

Working...
          X