Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM Begins Landing The Initial DirectX / HLSL Target Code

Phoronix: LLVM Begins Landing The Initial DirectX / HLSL Target Code

Earlier this month I wrote about Microsoft engineers wanting to add DirectX and HLSL support into the upstream LLVM/Clang compiler. As of this week the very early bits of code are beginning to land in LLVM 15.0 for this Microsoft graphics effort...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I guess Microsoft are tired of maintaining Visual...

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Feels like Microsoft heard their customers complaining that DXC (based on LLVM 3.7) was no longer meeting their needs. Backporting modern LLVM capabilities/features into DXC was probably not really an option, so up-streaming new/revised/improved capabilities was likely a better use of the engineering resources in the long term.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        I guess it is not surprising you could not even read a few sentences.

Comment

I wonder if this could be used for emulators? im not sure if this could be of any benefit.

Comment

Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
              I wonder if this could be used for emulators? im not sure if this could be of any benefit.
              They may be theoretical benefit for Windows host, they may emulate some OpenCL / Vulkan / SPIR-V via LLVM to DirectX backend.

Comment

Working...
              X