Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.18 To Bring New Intel Drivers, Optimization For AMD EPYC, C11 & Much More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.18 To Bring New Intel Drivers, Optimization For AMD EPYC, C11 & Much More

Phoronix: Linux 5.18 To Bring New Intel Drivers, Optimization For AMD EPYC, C11 & Much More

Linux 5.17 will hopefully be released on Sunday and with that next kernel there are many exciting features in tow. But for as great as Linux 5.17 is, there are many features I am already eager for with Linux 5.18. Here is an early look at a number of the changes expected in this next kernel version...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice small data center you have there Michael! Very envious of it! Happy for all the work you do. I normally hear most of my open source news here first!

Comment

That's either a typo or Cardi B diversified into open source file systems.
      Last edited by skeevy420; 11 March 2022, 11:43 AM.

Comment

I'm going to enable the E cores once I get 5.18. Not because I need them (my current 12 threads are more than enough), but out of curiosity.
        I'm especially interested to see if any window that loses focus get automatically relegated to an E core, like it happens on Windows. That wreaks havocs with compile/transcode/encode tasks you may want to leave unattended.

Comment

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
          Happy for all the work you do. I normally hear most of my open source news here first!
          Same here! 🙂

Comment

Honestly I would be much more impressed if they would update the zstd code to the latest upstream version!

Comment

Working...
            X