Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics Driver Changes Begin Lining Up For Linux 5.18

Phoronix: Graphics Driver Changes Begin Lining Up For Linux 5.18

The first set of feature updates have been submitted to DRM-Next for staging until the Linux 5.18 kernel cycle begins around the end of March...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Would be nice if Intel fixed super broken EDID modeline handling. i915 ignores every modeline/resolution that isn't marked as preferred in the EDID for lots of, if not every display. So I'm forced to jerk around with multiple bootloader entries that each point to a custom EDID only including exactly one resolution, so I can have multiple refresh rates. Bug is reported and rots, i915 bugtracker seems to be maintained by bots that spam shiploads of non-human-friendly debug logs. What a mess...

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
      Would be nice if Intel fixed super broken EDID modeline handling. i915 ignores every modeline/resolution that isn't marked as preferred in the EDID for lots of, if not every display. So I'm forced to jerk around with multiple bootloader entries that each point to a custom EDID only including exactly one resolution, so I can have multiple refresh rates. Bug is reported and rots, i915 bugtracker seems to be maintained by bots that spam shiploads of non-human-friendly debug logs. What a mess...
      Wasn't i915 to be dropped?

Comment

Nice to see support will come to multicore ARM gpus

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
          Wasn't i915 to be dropped?
          The name of the kernel driver is still i915, also for recent and upcoming Intel GPUs.

Comment

- The open-source NVIDIA "Nouveau" driver now supports higher bit-rates for DisplayPort / eDP connections.
            Don't have any use for this myself but it's nice to see that someone is still working on Nouveau, even if only bits of it.

Comment

Working...
            X