Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE's 15-Minute Bug Initiative Gets Underway

Phoronix: KDE's 15-Minute Bug Initiative Gets Underway

KDE developer Nate Graham has sorted through plans for the 15-minute bug initiative for focusing on correcting many low-hanging bugs affecting the KDE desktop that should be able to be quickly discovered by users...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've got another one for Nate: Even though I chose a generic 105-key keyboard during the installation, every time this gets set back to a generic 86-key keyboard. Every time after the installation I have to manually set it back after the first login.

Comment

I've been seeing freezes in Dolphin and apps that display file pickers https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=446923

Comment

This is great. It's like Ubuntu's "100 papercuts", but better. Rock on, Nate.

Comment

The problem aren't little bugs that are easy to discover, its rather the shear mass of those in each component that is simply overwhelming and it often not being visible if it is a bug or just a KDE-esque design choice.

Comment

I have two that irk me. Drag and drop from Ark to another Dolphin tab. When I drag a folder or file from Ark to a different Dolphin tab it'll stay on the folder the archive was in and not the folder I want to D-n-D into.

Lots of GTK apps don't pick up Breeze Dark. That's been an issue ever since Breeze switched over to the color scheme method where Breeze GTK is supposed to pick up the Breeze Dark scheme. It doesn't. It stays as regular Breeze. My workaround is to temporarily switch to regular Breeze or, if on Manjaro, use a Dark Manjaro theme for GTK since they still ship their themes in a way that still includes the dark variants in the GTK theme picker. While hacky, (re)including Breeze Dark in the GTK theme list would fix this.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post
              The problem aren't little bugs that are easy to discover, its rather the shear mass of those in each component that is simply overwhelming and it often not being visible if it is a bug or just a KDE-esque design choice.
              I can't comment on the "KDE-esque design choice" part, but I believe the initiative is about classifying what a casual contributor can fix and what would require someone more experienced with the project, so regular devs can focus on the bigger issues and occasional ones can fix the 15 minutes ones. I often find myself fixing that kind of little bugs for software I use, but can't invest the time on becoming really familiar with everything I put on my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post
                Spoken like a true GNOME fanboy koolaid drinker..

Comment

I'm really annoyed by Plasma freezes (mostly the panel on Wayland) when you change the network connection to one where the DNS doesn't respond properly and instantly.

Comment

I think this is a great initiative. More often than not, the little bugs have to be cleared before you can tackle the big ones, and it's often motivating to see large swaths of your todo list shrink in a short amount of time. As far as I'm concerned, no new features should be implemented until all confirmed bugs are removed.

Comment

Working...
                    X