Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Caps Off Plasma 5.24 Beta Week With More Wayland Fixes

Phoronix: KDE Caps Off Plasma 5.24 Beta Week With More Wayland Fixes

In addition to shipping Plasma 5.24 beta this week, KDE developers remained busy working on Plasma 5.24 as well as other KDE desktop components...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

When will it work with the latest NVIDIA driver in Wayland mode?

Comment

I wonder if the bug I was having with wayland and OBS is resolved, I should try again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
        I wonder if the bug I was having with wayland and OBS is resolved, I should try again soon.
        Do you mean not being able to select windows/screens using pipewire? In that case, no.

Comment

Plasma 5.24 Beta works quite stable already on Wayland. So it will probably be a nice relase with several important improvements for Wayland.
          I just wish that Dolphin would be a little more crash resistant, it is still quite easy to get it down when connecting to a slow nfs drive that needs to spin up from sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Mthw View Post

Do you mean not being able to select windows/screens using pipewire? In that case, no.
            I did have that occur every now and then, but for some reason, when capturing, not even recording, the entire desktop became stuttery

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
              Plasma 5.24 Beta works quite stable already on Wayland. So it will probably be a nice relase with several important improvements for Wayland.
              I just wish that Dolphin would be a little more crash resistant, it is still quite easy to get it down when connecting to a slow nfs drive that needs to spin up from sleep.
              I get these crashes a lot in Dolphin, Gwenview, Firefox on wayland, several others. My understanding is it's due to Wayland. Unfortunately, various Wayland merge requests are taking a long time to be accepted into main branch.

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post
                When will it work with the latest NVIDIA driver in Wayland mode?
                There's some Qt patch for that waiting to be merged. Not exactly in KDE's court, I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Mthw View Post

We're on the case and close to a fix. It's already working for me in git master.

Comment

ngraham In the past couple of weeks I've had trouble dragging and dropping icons in the panel. Do you know whether there's something reported in that area? Should I file a bug report?
                    (up-to-date Arch, Nvidia and X, fwiw)

Comment

Working...
                    X