Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel IGC 1.0.9933 Brings DG2/Alchemist & Xe HPC Improvements, More SPIR-V Plumbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel IGC 1.0.9933 Brings DG2/Alchemist & Xe HPC Improvements, More SPIR-V Plumbing

Phoronix: Intel IGC 1.0.9933 Brings DG2/Alchemist & Xe HPC Improvements, More SPIR-V Plumbing

Starting off a new year Intel's open-source compute stack developers have published the Intel Graphics Compiler (IGC) 1.0.9933 release that is used for their OpenCL / oneAPI Level Zero support on Linux and also used by their graphics driver on Windows...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I like that Intel creates this Intel Graphics Compiler.
    But if I look, what Intel makes OpenSource, I see that
    - Intel is in Graphic Cards the newcomer. Intel is behind NVidia and AMD. And as newcommer Intel published Graphics compiler and other graphics parts as OpenSource.
    - Intel is in CPUs the bellwether. And as bellwether its C++ compiler and Fortran compiler and all what have to do with the CPU is closed source.

Greetings
    theuserbl

Comment

Working...
    X