Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD AOCC 3.2 Compiler Released Along With AOCL 3.1 CPU Libraries

Phoronix: AMD AOCC 3.2 Compiler Released Along With AOCL 3.1 CPU Libraries

AMD has issued a nice end-of-year update to the AMD Optimizing C/C++ Compiler (AOCC) that also includes Fortran support as well as a new release of their AMD Optimizing CPU Libraries (AOCL)...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Yes, Santa is real! I was hoping this will come soon

Comment

Maybe in the new year I'll have the time to do a head-to-head (of the applications I use predominantly) of AOCC/AOCL on my shiny new 5900X (and older 2990WX at work) vs. OneAPI on the Intel boxes at work...

Could be interesting, I've never really taken AOCC/AOCL seriously... just compiled what I need from source with gcc.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
        Could be interesting, I've never really taken AOCC/AOCL seriously... just compiled what I need from source with gcc.
        I was treating AOCC and AOCL the same in the past. But now I'm using it to compile mesa/libdrm and the kernel (xanmod) and it gives some extra performance on my Ryzen 3600XT + Radeon 5700XT. of course no "miracles" but a few extra percentages as shown in previous investigations/benchmarks done by Michael.

Comment

Working...
        X