Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 95 Ready With RLBox Sandboxing Across All Platforms

Phoronix: Firefox 95 Ready With RLBox Sandboxing Across All Platforms

Mozilla Firefox 95.0 is now available for download ahead of its official release tomorrow. Making this new version interesting is the RLBox integration...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Firefox95... does it come with a Weezer video??

Comment

I like that Firefox supports private class fields since version 90 and the system-ui value for font-family since version 92.
      But I still miss:
      • <dialog> element.
      • Password reveal toggle for <input type="password">
      • Input clear button for <input type="search">
      • The datalist attribute for input type color/date/time, etc.
      • The max attribute for input type="date" works shitty.
      • Server-Sent Events (SSE) support in devtools.
      • WebGL performance is slow.
      Overall Firefox is great though! 💜

Comment

I think they should also sandbox RLBox itself in case there's ever a security vulnerability in it.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
          I think they should also sandbox RLBox itself in case there's ever a security vulnerability in it.
          Just sandbox firefox using firejail or run firefox in a VM.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
            Not surprisingly:

78348459.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              • WebGL performance is slow.
              This point should have become massively better since 94 for Mesa users (as long as you don't use the aquarium WebGL demo, which for some reason is quite special and doesn't scale well for high fish counts in FF).

Comment

Originally posted by treba View Post

This point should have become massively better since 94 for Mesa users (as long as you don't use the aquarium WebGL demo, which for some reason is quite special and doesn't scale well for high fish counts in FF).
                I see, it is the aquarium WebGL demo that I have used. The WebGL performance has also been poor on Windows, it is not limited to Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

I see, it is the aquarium WebGL demo that I have used. The WebGL performance has also been poor on Windows, it is not limited to Linux.
                  The aquarium demo was one of the first ever examples of WebGL. It's like the glxgears of WebGL, not useful as a benchmark (or anything else, really) in any capacity. Is WebGL really still so irrelevant that there isn't ANY real world usage that can also be doubled as a benchmark? And, if it is so, why do you care about it's (lack of) performance?

Comment

Originally posted by NobodyXu View Post
                    Just sandbox firefox using firejail or run firefox in a VM.
                    With all the CPU vulnerabilities being discovered there are no guarantees when it comes to VM or other isolation techniques.

Comment

Working...
                    X