KDE Starts December With Numerous Fixes, Other Desktop Refinements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Starts December With Numerous Fixes, Other Desktop Refinements

Phoronix: KDE Starts December With Numerous Fixes, Other Desktop Refinements

This week saw many fixes landing for the KDE desktop components along with some UI tweaking and other alterations...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I can predict the future!

2030 year, KDE: (Wayland) bugfixes

Comment

Would you rather there were no bugfixes?

Comment

Originally posted by mr_marmalade View Post
        Would you rather there were no bugfixes?
        No, I'm happy with this.

Comment

I hope they figure out what causes that 1 pixel gap between a maximized window and the taskbar.

image_1711.png

This is my first time using the Phoronix image uploading stuff.....so if you squint and turn your head just right you'll see what I mean
          Attached Files
          Last edited by skeevy420; 04 December 2021, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
            I hope they figure out what causes that 1 pixel gap between a maximized window and the taskbar.

image_1711.png

This is my first time using the Phoronix image uploading stuff.....so if you squint and turn your head just right you'll see what I mean
            It's an X11-specific issue; see https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=391956. It's already fixed on Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

image_1711.png
              I'm on X11 with Plasma 5.23.4 (Ubuntu 21.10) and I don't have the ... tiny horizontal white line at the bottom (if that's what you mean).
              Got an AMD graphics card, maybe it's a graphics driver issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ngraham View Post

It's an X11-specific issue; see https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=391956. It's already fixed on Wayland.
                Thanks. That tip at the bottom about using Oxygen did the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
                  I'm on X11 with Plasma 5.23.4 (Ubuntu 21.10) and I don't have the ... tiny horizontal white line at the bottom (if that's what you mean).
                  Got an AMD graphics card, maybe it's a graphics driver issue.
                  Manjaro with 5.23.3 with an AMD graphics card. It looks like it's something to do with scaling and KWin's border decorations since it doesn't effect Oxygen but effects Breeze and Plastik.

Are you on 1080p or using any scaling? I'm 4K with 200% scaling so that's why it gets me.

Comment

It's actually kinda funny, I just did that text editor search yesterday. Glad to see things getting fixed the day after I notice them.

Comment

Working...
                    X