Intel SGX2 / Enclave Dynamic Memory Management Patches Posted For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel SGX2 / Enclave Dynamic Memory Management Patches Posted For Linux

Phoronix: Intel SGX2 / Enclave Dynamic Memory Management Patches Posted For Linux

While Intel's Software Guard Extensions (SGX) functionality has been present in CPUs going back to Skylake, it took until last year with Linux 5.11 for SGX support to finally be mainlined and required more than 40 rounds of review/revisions. Finally today Intel posted patches for bringing up SGX2 as the next iteration of Software Guard Extensions and already found in shipping processors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just stop! Hasn't SGX been broken before and now is vulnerable?
    What's the point of trying?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Just stop! Hasn't SGX been broken before and now is vulnerable?
      What's the point of trying?
      DRM ....Streaming fragmentation already lures people back into open waters of good old media piracy.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

DRM ....Streaming fragmentation already lures people back into open waters of good old media piracy.
        I'm not sure it's going to be used for DRM since as far as I know SGX is missing in both Rocket and Alder Lake consumer variants. Apparently it's only present in Atoms and Xeons now.

Comment

Originally posted by numacross View Post

I'm not sure it's going to be used for DRM since as far as I know SGX is missing in both Rocket and Alder Lake consumer variants. Apparently it's only present in Atoms and Xeons now.
          OK you are right. This fact does not support my arguments.

Comment

Bring able to run your private code in the public cloud, without it being exposed to the host. Having devices that are secure even though consumers have them in their possession. That sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

When a vendor of SGX software and development tools started shipping kernel modules that open a root hole, it was obvious this was never for the benefit of people owning and operating the system itself.

Comment

Working...
              X