Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD-Pstate Driver Updated A 5th Time For Improving Ryzen Power Efficiency On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD-Pstate Driver Updated A 5th Time For Improving Ryzen Power Efficiency On Linux

Phoronix: AMD-Pstate Driver Updated A 5th Time For Improving Ryzen Power Efficiency On Linux

Sent out today was the fifth revision to AMD's new "amd-pstate" kernel driver focused on providing enhanced CPU frequency controls for Linux systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

unrelated to the article
    anybody else finds the new "huge" icon in the preview title distracting attention and/or ugly

Comment

I'm glad that this PState driver isn't as crippled as the Intel one (which only has two settings - powersave and performance, and both are a lie).

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post
        unrelated to the article
        anybody else finds the new "huge" icon in the preview title distracting attention and/or ugly
        No, perfect quick preview for me.

Comment

If I'm reading it right, acpi-cpufreq ondemand still has a bit better performance per watt ratio even in the author's own benchmark. All this pizazz about better scheduling and power utilization seems to be a long series of steps backwards that eventually lead us to the same place where we started. I hope that future versions of amd-pstate can turn this around and provide an actual improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post
            unrelated to the article
            Only because it's inconsistent -- like when there are three articles in a row with icons, one without, two with, and three without then things start looking out of place because you're seeing what appears to be a near 50:50 split of icon and iconless articles. If they all had icons it'd be a lot better.

Frankly, I'm just annoyed about the change in comment link location. Where it's at now makes it hard to tell if an article has blown up in comments or not.

What's distracting and ugly is using Phoronix on a wide screen monitor. Phoronix wastes more screen space than a flagship GNOME application.

Comment

Working...
            X