NVIDIA 470.62.12 Vulkan Beta Driver For Linux Updates Video Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 470.62.12 Vulkan Beta Driver For Linux Updates Video Support

Phoronix: NVIDIA 470.62.12 Vulkan Beta Driver For Linux Updates Video Support

NVIDIA today released their latest Vulkan beta drivers for Windows and Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by tildearrow
    The confusing title is kind of. I think it would be: "NVIDIA 470.62.12 Beta Driver For Linux Updates Vulkan Video Support"
    This is not the regular driver that most users use. It is actually the "NVidia Vulkan driver" where the main focus is having support for the latest Vulkan features.
    Get the latest Vulkan 1.3 general release drivers and developer beta drivers.

Comment

anyone tried this branch on SteamVR yet? is it less buggy than 470.86 or the horror show that is the current 495 branch?

Comment

Which nvidia gpus does vulkan video work with? I cant find that information anywhere

Comment

So is the plan to have Vulkan access any ASICs the card might have or to leverage the shaders to do some of the work?

Comment

Originally posted by dec05eba View Post
            Which nvidia gpus does vulkan video work with? I cant find that information anywhere
            everything since gtx 640 if i recall, it should be in the release notes/list of supported gpus of drivers with vulkan support.

think driver version 470 dropped support for older ones, list of supported gpus here is in
            Get the latest Vulkan 1.3 general release drivers and developer beta drivers.

https://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/...rtedchips.html

To answer my earlier question, not as bad as 495 but steamVR still borken with these.
            Last edited by mSparks; 18 November 2021, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X