Faster Ceph With Linux 5.16 Now That Async Dirops Have Been Flipped On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faster Ceph With Linux 5.16 Now That Async Dirops Have Been Flipped On

Phoronix: Faster Ceph With Linux 5.16 Now That Async Dirops Have Been Flipped On

The Ceph open-source distributed storage system can now enjoy better performance out-of-the-box with Linux 5.16...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael, thanks for the Ceph coverage.

Is anyone out there using it? For what sorts of things?

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post

I'm using it with Proxmox for virtualization clusters. CephFS itself is just a small piece of Ceph, which I use mostly as shared file-level storage, for example ISO images. VMs/CTs are using RADOS block devices (RBD) on top of Ceph.
      Basically the storage layer is distributed, highly available, and plenty fast with SSDs and 10/25/40GBit networking.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post

My company is using it for various things: from S3 compatible storage to block storage.

Comment

We too have multiple virtualization clusters deployed with Proxmox and Ceph for VM disk storage (rbd).

Comment

Working...
          X