Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nintendo Switch Controller Driver, Sony PS5 Controller Improvements Come For Linux 5.16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo Switch Controller Driver, Sony PS5 Controller Improvements Come For Linux 5.16

Phoronix: Nintendo Switch Controller Driver, Sony PS5 Controller Improvements Come For Linux 5.16

The HID subsystem updates have been sent in for the ongoing Linux 5.16 merge window with some notable improvements for Linux gamers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh yes, thank you Sony for the DS fixes - this is just what I needed
    Overall, the PS5 controller works great on Linux, I've been using it for few weeks now, but the LED is buggy. Sometimes it respects the color and brightness I choose in Steam, sometimes it's blue, sometimes off. Sometimes the player number led is disabled as I wanted, sometimes it's on. Just random.

Comment

bple2137
      Is the 3.5mm audio mini jack working for you under linux on the DS5 as in alsa/pulse audio device headphone and or microphone usb or bluetooth?

Comment

Originally posted by walterav View Post
        bple2137
        Is the 3.5mm audio mini jack working for you under linux on the DS5 as in alsa/pulse audio device headphone and or microphone usb or bluetooth?
        Well, audio in the gamepad over bluetooth is not working at all unfortunately, but while connected via USB it's detected and works with Pulseaudio/PipeWire. The mic quality is decent, but the speaker is not working properly. It shows up as 4 channel audio where 2 of them are just silent when I connect input, and the 2 more are causing vibrations (maybe PS5 uses sound to generate haptics?)

Comment

Thanks for specifically addressing these audio issues btw did you use 3rd party or sony (bundled) bluetooth dongle for checking audio support?

Comment

Working...
          X