Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.16 To Support The 2021 Apple Magic Keyboard

Phoronix: Linux 5.16 To Support The 2021 Apple Magic Keyboard

Separate from all the ongoing Apple Silicon/M1 bring-up work for the Linux kernel, the Linux 5.16 cycle is set to support this year's Apple Magic Keyboard...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Apple's keyboards are a complete waste of good electronics, plastic, aluminium and lithium batteries.

I'd much rather sink half the money into something like this than buy an Apple keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
      Apple's keyboards are a complete waste of good electronics, plastic, aluminium and lithium batteries.

I'd much rather sink half the money into something like this than buy an Apple keyboard.
      Also applies for their mice. It looks nice, but the sensor is in a very uncomfortable position, and my hands are too big that I can't move the mouse with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Also applies for their mice. It looks nice, but the sensor is in a very uncomfortable position, and my hands are too big that I can't move the mouse with ease.
        No matter which device I use (desktop, laptop...) my mouse is a https://us.anker.com/products/a7852. I never felt pain in my hand since I started using it 5+ years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by domih View Post
          No matter which device I use (desktop, laptop...) my mouse is a https://us.anker.com/products/a7852. I never felt pain in my hand since I started using it 5+ years ago.
          I switch between mouse and trackball. On some machines, I use one. On other machines, I have the other. That does the trick for me.

When I can, I like to use gaming mice, because they're better constructed. Unfortunately, I haven't found a gaming trackball, and the Logitech ones I keep buying don't last more than a couple years before the buttons get flaky. Especially the click-wheel (which I need for middle-button pasting).

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

The sensor? Not even the shape? I mean: those things are so, so flat that you can't really rest your hand on it and most people's fingers overstretch the buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

The sensor? Not even the shape? I mean: those things are so, so flat that you can't really rest your hand on it and most people's fingers overstretch the buttons.
              They're meant for little girly hands, not our manly hands. The Magic Trackpad is where it's at. Especially the new one. Works great on Linux also.

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

They're meant for little girly hands, not our manly hands. The Magic Trackpad is where it's at. Especially the new one. Works great on Linux also.
                I don't like trackpads. MX Ergo ftw.

Comment

Working...
                X