Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenCL 3.0.9 Specification Released

Phoronix: OpenCL 3.0.9 Specification Released

The Khronos Group's OpenCL working group did a quiet Friday evening tagging of OpenCL 3.0.9...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Will any driver support this?
    It seems like OpenCL support is rather abysmal, especially on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Will any driver support this?
      It seems like OpenCL support is rather abysmal, especially on Linux.
      *sigh*, we've been through this.

Intel and Nvidia support OpenCL 3.0. Last I checked, AMD did not, but POCL can run on ROCm and seems to be adding features at a decent pace. It's conceivable they will reach 3.0 before long.

BTW, it's great to see POCL even got an extension in the spec!

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
        *sigh*, we've been through this.

Intel and Nvidia support OpenCL 3.0. Last I checked, AMD did not, but POCL can run on ROCm and seems to be adding features at a decent pace. It's conceivable they will reach 3.0 before long.

BTW, it's great to see POCL even got an extension in the spec!
        Wasn't NVIDIA stuck in OpenCL 1.1?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Wasn't NVIDIA stuck in OpenCL 1.1?
          OpenCL 1.2, but they did add select 2.x features into their driver when there was a reason to.

Cheers,
          Mike

Comment

When I look at mesamatrix.net I see that no one, not even Mesa, has OpenCL 1.0 support. What is the explanation for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Micheelsen View Post
              When I look at mesamatrix.net I see that no one, not even Mesa, has OpenCL 1.0 support. What is the explanation for that?
              That's only comparing Mesa & open source GPU drivers. Not POCL, not Nvidia or AMD's proprietary implementations, and not either of Intel's open source implementations (I guess because they're not part of the GPU drivers?).

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Micheelsen View Post
                I'm not sure what "mesa" represents in that table - possibly a software back end since the other three are hardware back ends - but all of the table entries are for Mesa. Vendor solutions from Intel, AMD and NVidia are not covered there.
                Test signature

Comment

Working...
                X