Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Extending DWARF To Better Handle GPU Debugging, Continues Collaborating With GCC & LLVM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Extending DWARF To Better Handle GPU Debugging, Continues Collaborating With GCC & LLVM

Phoronix: AMD Extending DWARF To Better Handle GPU Debugging, Continues Collaborating With GCC & LLVM

In addition to AMD's increasing Linux kernel contributions, they are also contributing more improvements in user-space too thanks to their super-computing wins and other big enterprise deployments that are Linux-based. One of the areas talked about this week at the Linux Plumbers Conference with the GNU Tools track is how they are working to extend the DWARF debug format to better handle GPU debugging...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I like these acronyms. ELF and DWARF. I wonder how long someone thought about a chain of terms until it would fit the D.W.A.R.F. scheme.
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
      I like these acronyms. ELF and DWARF. I wonder how long someone thought about a chain of terms until it would fit the D.W.A.R.F. scheme.
      GNOME is made of ELF binaries and uses DWARF debug info.

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
        Sometimes they get it backwards. IE: DWARF was the death of STABS, not vice versa.

Comment

Working...
        X