Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Ad-Free/Premium Special For Oktoberfest 2021

Phoronix: Phoronix Ad-Free/Premium Special For Oktoberfest 2021

While Oktoberfest was once again cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic (then again, due to the state of the ad industry / ad-block users we haven't had any European meet-up / open-source gathering in years), the wiesn would have kicked off this past weekend. So as is tradition, there is the Phoronix Premium Oktoberfest sale where you can join the ad-free service as a reduced rate. If you enjoy the daily, original Linux and open-source content on Phoronix with plenty of benchmarking, you can do so at a reduced rate...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is there any way to pay without using Paypal?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverFox
      Have you thought about starting a youtube/odysee channel Michael? I'm sure it will prove to be very popular/needed and give your finances a good healthy boost.
      Thought about it many times but rather much more time consuming if editing the videos, etc.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Farmboy0 View Post
        Is there any way to pay without using Paypal?
        Does Google Pay work for you? I can manually active payments there as well.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Does Google Pay work for you? I can manually active payments there as well.
          Id prefer a SEPA account.

Comment

I would head to your patreon account right away and give you money through that. But you have none..

But I won't use paypay.

Comment

Just sent over a $5 for the beer fund

Comment

I asked in another thread (which had been dead for ages) but I'll ask here as well; any chance of becoming a "verified" Creator with Brave? I've got a slowly increasing collection of BAT which I'd be happy to put in the direction of Phoronix.

Comment

You did well to offer this deal. I just went premium -- been meaning to for a long time. Thanks for all the hard work you do to provide the great content on Phoronix.

I will say that the whole clunky 'join the forum and figure out how the subscription forum post gets you to the checkout' pipeline is less-than-optimal at best. It put me off from subscribing in the past. Mostly because it is an unusual workflow for such a common task. I humbly suggest you get some outside help on designing a regular e-commerce pipeline that isn't tied specifically to PayPal (or Google Pay, etc). Maybe ask a well-known content creator with an online store like Linus of Linus Tech Tips, etc. I can almost guarantee your subscriptions would go up. It's all about reducing friction to the checkout (see comments above) for people who have decided they want to subscribe. Obviously you're still here -- so if you just keep the existing way, more power to ya!

Comment

Working...
                  X