Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chrome/Chromium's Ozone X11 Code Now Fully Enabled, Old Legacy X11 Code To Be Removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome/Chromium's Ozone X11 Code Now Fully Enabled, Old Legacy X11 Code To Be Removed

Phoronix: Chrome/Chromium's Ozone X11 Code Now Fully Enabled, Old Legacy X11 Code To Be Removed

The Chrome/Chromium web browser now has fully-enabled the Ozone/X11 platform support across both beta and stable channels...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh look, Google just reinvented SDL!

Comment

I lost Hardware Accelerated video decode !
      It was OK before Ozone.
      Now it's gone and all videos playing with software decoder !

Comment

It's been a while since hardware accelerated video decoding stopped working when using Ozone (regardless of the display protocol). They promoted it to stable nonetheless. Unbelivable.

Comment

Originally posted by juxuanu View Post
          It's been a while since hardware accelerated video decoding stopped working when using Ozone (regardless of the display protocol). They promoted it to stable nonetheless. Unbelivable.
          It needs to be switched on manually, add the --enable-features=VaapiVideoDecoder option.

Comment

Ozone X11 has been working for years, and they only drop the legacy x11 code now.

But that's not enough. I want them to drop all x11 code, including Ozone's x11 code and focus only on the Wayland portion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
              But that's not enough. I want them to drop all x11 code, including Ozone's x11 code and focus only on the Wayland portion.
              I'm sure you, Microsoft and Apple have that dream in common. But it ain't gonna happen kiddos! Not this decade
              Last edited by kpedersen; 29 August 2021, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
                Ozone X11 has been working for years, and they only drop the legacy x11 code now.

Wayland isn't working for everyone yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Beherit View Post
                  It needs to be switched on manually, add the --enable-features=VaapiVideoDecoder option.
                  That's exactly what doesn't work.

Comment

This is great news!
                    Is Ozone also a prerequisite for native Wayland support in Electron apps?

Comment

Working...
                    X