No announcement yet.

Linux Kernel Changes Proposed So Intel TDX KVM Guests Avoid Crashing The Host

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Kernel Changes Proposed So Intel TDX KVM Guests Avoid Crashing The Host

Phoronix: Linux Kernel Changes Proposed So Intel TDX KVM Guests Avoid Crashing The Host

Shortly after Intel's TDX whitepaper was made public last year for better protecting virtual machines, Intel open-source engineers began posting support patches for bringing up Trust Domain Extensions under Linux. That work remains ongoing and now further Linux kernel infrastructure work is pending to better deal with the notion of guest private memory afforded by TDX...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Maybe I can run my normal Linux system that I use everyday on this?
    Because this way I don't have to trust the BIOS/SMM, other platform firmware or discrete and integrated devices.

I don't trust Systems Management Mode (SMM), vPro, Intel Active Management Technology (AMT), the pre-boot UEFI environment, binary blobs or any of that shady stuff.

Comment

Working...
    X