Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDVLK 2021.Q3.5 Released With Radeon RX 6600 XT Support

Phoronix: AMDVLK 2021.Q3.5 Released With Radeon RX 6600 XT Support

AMDVLK 2021.Q3.5 is out as the newest snapshot for this open-source AMD Radeon Vulkan Linux driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wikipedia states the MSRP for the Radeon RX 6600 XT is $379 USD but in South Africa it costs between $600 and $1000 USD depending on AIB model and retail mark-up. Importing it is on the expensive side and then you have to risk customs holding your card $956 including shipping and import fees.

I only play games at 1080p so I don't have any performance issues. I do however still have the VFIO reset bug so selling my RX 480 and buying something like the 6600 or 6700 would be nice, with these prices though I don't even consider it.

How much does the card cost in your region?

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
      Wikipedia states the MSRP for the Radeon RX 6600 XT is $379 USD but in South Africa it costs between $600 and $1000 USD depending on AIB model and retail mark-up. Importing it is on the expensive side and then you have to risk customs holding your card $956 including shipping and import fees.

I only play games at 1080p so I don't have any performance issues. I do however still have the VFIO reset bug so selling my RX 480 and buying something like the 6600 or 6700 would be nice, with these prices though I don't even consider it.

Here in Brazil too it is way above what this class of GPU used to be. And to add salt to injury, since the pandemic our currency weakened about 30%, so prices are trough the roof, especially GPUs. I'm hanging on a motherboard with almost 10 years of use, praying for it to last a couple more years so I can upgrade at more reasonable prices. And if GPU prices continue to be this bad, I'm will abandon discreet GPUs in my next upgrade, unless something change. Thank God for indie games.

Comment

more cheap to buy a lenovo laptop with ryzen and nvidia 3060 than this solo cards

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post

If you can find one in stock.....$850 and up to buy a new card right now. That's my cost in America doing a quick search. Saw some at auction in the $500/700 range.

Doesn't matter where we live, we're getting screwed on GPU prices. I'm sitting on my 580 and praying to the GPU Gods that it'll keep on keepin' on until prices lower enough for me to afford to upgrade.

@M@GOid -- If you can hold out until the next AMD platform you'll probably get 480/580 levels of performance from the iGPU. I reckon the next gen Ryzen APUs should play games somewhere around the quality of a PS4 Pro...1080p60 Medium-High. I'm guessing that based on Steam Deck benchmarks. They should make it so that basically anyone can have a gaming PC. Might not be a 4K 144Hz gaming PC, but a gaming PC none-the-less. Hopefully the makers quit that single channel memory bullshit...but I doubt it.

Edit: I don't necessarily "Like" any of the posts that I liked. It really sucks being screwed with inflated prices, import fees, and all that. Had to deal with that crap last week myself

Comment

Got the "subscribed to this discussion" bug.

Everything is awful, but the Gigabyte leak has confirmed that at least some Zen 4 desktop CPUs will have an iGPU, and the Rembrandt APU graphics should be a lot better than Cezanne.

Comment

Working...
            X