Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian 11 Is Releasing This Weekend With Many Improvements

Phoronix: Debian 11 Is Releasing This Weekend With Many Improvements

Debian 11.0 "Bullseye" is due for release today and the Debian developers involved are indeed putting the final touches on this next major Debian GNU/Linux distribution release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does/Will the Debian installer support btrfs partitioning directly in the GUI?

Comment

Hurray! My 2 sid desktops can get up to speed with updates. No more being stuck with Mesa 20 or 5.10. Though they were super stable throughout the whole release period.

Comment

I am impatiently awaiting this version of Debian 11, I hope they will respect the official release date of 14.05.2021

Comment

Yes! Finally will get stable Debian. Testing version of this has been good for almost two years, once stable will be good for many years to come.

Comment

While not my cup of tea anymore, it's always good news to see the matriarch of so many distributions receive updates like these.

Comment

First Debian I ran was 7 Wheezy, man I feel old, upgrade to Jessie was not smooth so went with Xubuntu 14.04 then 16.04. Now run a mix of the Xubuntu, FreeBSD, and OpenBSD.

Comment

I really like Debian, but I can never recommend it to anyone. I know it's great for stability, but being stuck with old kernels and old software stacks like GNOME (it's already outdated and Debian 11 hasn't been released yet...) for two or more years makes installing it on new hardware impossible.

I know you can backport new kernel releases and new software, but I really feel this should be different somehow. Being not able to install Debian 10 on my year-old Renoir laptop because it's still using the old 4.19 kernel seems off.

Comment

Unless you have an absolutely cutting edge hardware every single day debian should do fine for you.

Comment

I don't understand the complaining here.
                    For Desktops, I prefer something more up to date (Arch, Ubuntu, Fedora etc..), but for servers, Debian/RHEL are exactly what you want.

Comment

Working...
                    X