Btrfs Picking Up FS-VERITY Support, Other Improvements With Linux 5.15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Btrfs Picking Up FS-VERITY Support, Other Improvements With Linux 5.15

Phoronix: Btrfs Picking Up FS-VERITY Support, Other Improvements With Linux 5.15

A lot of new code landed yesterday in the Btrfs file-system's "for-next" Git branch ahead of the Linux 5.15 merge window opening up in about one month's time...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What is progress of updating ZSTD in-kernel version? A few month ago there was an effort to sync the quite dated in-kernel zstd code with upstream, but I can't find any updates regarding this topic. Any updates?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2021 View Post
      What is progress of updating ZSTD in-kernel version? A few month ago there was an effort to sync the quite dated in-kernel zstd code with upstream, but I can't find any updates regarding this topic. Any updates?
      I was wondering the same thing too. I'm not an LKML scouring ninja like Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I was wondering the same thing too. I'm not an LKML scouring ninja like Michael.
        LKML is sooo 1990ies...it is really not comfy to read. But well like every working thing never change it.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2021 View Post
          Try this kernel: https://gitlab.com/post-factum/pf-kernel/-/wikis/README

Comment

I like the idea of fs-verity over a master key/password that will unlock the whole disk at boot time.

I heard iOS devices were using such encryption scheme for a long time now.

Comment

Very well...
              Meanwhile the other night I was doing the updates of Tumbleweed and a storm interrupted the electricity, when I restarted the black screen, after the panic (I needed the pc in the morning at work), I remembered that Tumbleweed uses BTRFS and snapshots, a rollback literally saved me.

Comment

Working...
              X