Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel To Finally Remove Cannon Lake Graphics Support From Their Linux Kernel Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel To Finally Remove Cannon Lake Graphics Support From Their Linux Kernel Driver

Phoronix: Intel To Finally Remove Cannon Lake Graphics Support From Their Linux Kernel Driver

Intel "Cannon Lake" processors were rare in the first place with being limited to the Core i3 8121U but given that no production SKU ever materialized with the "Gen10" graphics enabled, Intel's Linux engineers are finally moving ahead in eliminating the rest of the Cannon Lake / Gen10 graphics support code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In German we have a saying which roughly translates to this: Build up and tear down, do work, over and over again.

Comment

I'm a bit curious why gen 10 wasn't really ever a thing. Obviously it doesn't matter anymore, but still a little strange.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        I'm a bit curious why gen 10 wasn't really ever a thing. Obviously it doesn't matter anymore, but still a little strange.
        They promised investors they'd have 10nm products out a certain year. Gen 10 was a paper launch, designed to fulfill their legal responsibilities and keep them from getting sued, but they couldn't actually launch it as a real product because it wasn't anywhere close to being ready.

Comment

Can we leave the drivers in the kernel

The grey and black markets usually have quite a bit of stock for engineering samples of such unreleased processors.

Comment

Working...
          X