Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD SFH Linux Driver Updated For "Next Gen" Ryzen Laptops

Phoronix: AMD SFH Linux Driver Updated For "Next Gen" Ryzen Laptops

There's the next chapter to the unfortunately rather sad state of the AMD Sensor Fusion Hub (SFH) driver support under Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

At least SFH isn't really necessary for most Linux users and all core functionality on Renoir has been in good shape.
    SFH is mainly needed for convertible laptops powered by AMD mobile Ryzen APU. Hopefully this new update aimed for future APU from day one as well now that majority of pieces are in place.

Comment

Thinkbook 13 Gen3 (AMD) is the one i'm looking forward to...

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Phoronix: AMD SFH Linux Driver Updated For "Next Gen" Ryzen Laptops

There's the next chapter to the unfortunately rather sad state of the AMD Sensor Fusion Hub (SFH) driver support under Linux...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...xt-Gen-Patches
        If you are interested, there's someone over on the ThinkPad subreddit who can help hook you up with ThinkPads for relatively cheap, direct from Lenovo (he says that he has verified that this is legal, and that Lenovo are alright with it), perhaps this will help you more easily get a Cezanne laptop.
        Last edited by moriel5; 25 June 2021, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by moriel5 View Post

If you are interested, there's someone over on the ThinkPad subreddit who can help him you up with ThinkPads for relatively cheap, direct from Lenovo (he says that he has verified that this is legal, and that Lenovo are alright with it), perhaps this will help you more easily get a Cezanne laptop.
          Got a link or something?
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Got a link or something?
            Not a link, since this isn't a thread, however you can send a private message over at a Reddit to intothewildblows.

His brother-in-law works at Lenovo US, so the discounts are employee discounts, and while he gets the purchase points, or whatever they are called, you are the one ordering, so he doesn't get your payment information, and it is under your name, including warranty.

Comment

In Germany the online retailer notebooksbilliger.de seem to have this model in stock:

According to heise.de 's price compare it has this iGPU:

AMD Radeon Graphics (iGPU), 8CU/512SP, 2.10GHz, Codename "Vega" (GCN 5.1)

Comment

I'll say it again. The time for a driver to be working is at launch time not EOL time.

Comment

In a surprise to no-one, SFH sensors still do not work on my Renoir HP laptop after these changes were merged in.

Line that up with still broken sleep and broken hibernate. Couldn't recommend AMD for laptops right now which is a pity as Intel isn't really an alternative either.

This HP laptop, my first, will also be my last. Their complete lack of engagement with Linux means other prominent features like the fingerprint reader, mic mute button etc also don't function with no prospect of any solution on the horizon.

Comment

Working...
                  X