DragonFlyBSD 6.0 Performance Is Looking Great - Initial Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DragonFlyBSD 6.0 Performance Is Looking Great - Initial Benchmarks

Phoronix: DragonFlyBSD 6.0 Performance Is Looking Great - Initial Benchmarks

This week DragonFlyBSD 6.0 was released and while I have just begun in my benchmarks of this new DragonFlyBSD release, the numbers so far are quite compelling for this BSD compared to its prior release.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Glad to see Dragonfly improving. As an old Amiga user and forever enthusiast I am glad that Dragonfly is out there. Glad to see a project that captures some of the thinking that the Amiga community was so known for.

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Originally posted by waxhead View Post
      Glad to see a project that captures some of the thinking that the Amiga community was so known for.
      Could you elaborate this statement?

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post

Could you elaborate this statement?
        Following on a link from Wikipedia, I found this old article.
        For me, as a user, Amiga was great for its state of the art graphics and sound chips and its games

Comment

Originally posted by waxhead View Post
          Glad to see Dragonfly improving. As an old Amiga user and forever enthusiast I am glad that Dragonfly is out there. Glad to see a project that captures some of the thinking that the Amiga community was so known for.
          Well, I'm not a fan of message passing, because it costs performance and memory. The programming language Rust shows, that is not necessary for security. And - btw. - Amiga hadn't protected memory as the article states.

Comment

Can you add a croc file transfer performance test?

ex:
            croc send --code phoronix_yes_im_ready almalinux83.tar.bz2

Comment

Well, I'm not a fan of message passing, because it costs performance and memory. The programming language Rust shows, that is not necessary for security. And - btw. - Amiga hadn't protected memory as the article states.
              The cost varies wildly among systems. It's extremely costly on Linux, way lighter on Dragonfly and AmigaOS, and almost free on seL4.

Comment

Steffo Dillon was developing for Amiga once upon a time, thus probably the reference

Comment

Not yet, but Hyperion is working on adding protected memory to AmigaOS. First for the modern AmigaOS 4.2 (or 5, depending on what comes next), then later as an update for the 90's AmigaOS 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Not yet, but Hyperion is working on adding protected memory to AmigaOS. First for the modern AmigaOS 4.2 (or 5, depending on what comes next), then later as an update for the 90's AmigaOS 3.
                    Well, now, after AmigaOS is... irrelevant... Yeah... Why not?

Comment

Working...
                    X