No announcement yet.

GnuPG 2.3 Released With New Experimental Key Database Daemon, TPM 2.0 Daemon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GnuPG 2.3 Released With New Experimental Key Database Daemon, TPM 2.0 Daemon

Phoronix: GnuPG 2.3 Released With New Experimental Key Database Daemon, TPM 2.0 Daemon

Werner Koch announced the availability today of GnuPG 2.3 as the start of the (fairly stable, effectively production ready) test releases leading up to the GnuPG 2.4 stable update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

My only gripe with GPG is that when I'm decrypting a file, I have to type the output before the input. It just seems logically backwards to me.

gpg -o longfilename [tab to complete][backspace][backspace][backspace][backspace][remove.gpg from filename] -d longfilename [tab to complete]

Comment

Originally posted by antnythr View Post
      My only gripe with GPG is that when I'm decrypting a file, I have to type the output before the input. It just seems logically backwards to me.

gpg -o longfilename [tab to complete][backspace][backspace][backspace][backspace][remove.gpg from filename] -d longfilename [tab to complete]
      Perhaps I am missing something, but would the following do what you want?

gpg -d longfilename [tab to complete] > longfilename [tab to complete][backspace][backspace][backspace][remove .gpg from filename]

Comment

Originally posted by Old Grouch View Post

Perhaps I am missing something, but would the following do what you want?

gpg -d longfilename [tab to complete] > longfilename [tab to complete][backspace][backspace][backspace][remove .gpg from filename]
        ... lol, you're absolutely correct. I was trying to focus on something else while I was posting, got distracted and the whole actual command line part was both unnecessary and completely irrelevant. All I was trying to say was that it throws me off to think about what I want to call my output before I've had a chance to enter the input filename.

I just wish I could do: gpg -d filename.gpg -o filename, but it doesn't like it in that order.

Comment

I hope this keyboxd isn't going to compound the stupidity of GNOME's keyring daemon that offers up the contents of your keyring without restriction to every app in the system over DBUS.

It's a small bit of work to locate and copy a user's secrets if you have local filesystem access, ie you are a trojan. But with gnome-keyring, hey! All their gonads decrypted in one tidy place, no effort at all! And better yet, the user is lulled into using it with a completely false sense of security because the keyring as a passcode! yay!

Comment

Originally posted by linuxgeex View Post
            I hope this keyboxd isn't going to compound the stupidity of GNOME's keyring daemon that offers up the contents of your keyring without restriction to every app in the system over DBUS.
            Everything about GNOME is pure stupidity. It's almost as if the people working on it are making these terrible decisions deliberately.

Comment

all GNU projects are now unter attack from Communists/322 skull and bones microsoft slaves...

Bryan Lunduke compiled a list of the organizations currently involved in the anti Stallman crusade: https://odysee.com/@Lunduke:e/LinuxOrgsThatHate:e. several of the organizations that have issued anti-Stallman press releases in addition to having signed https://rms-open-letter.github.io/.

Most, if not all, of the organizations on that list have repeatedly been involved in similar anti GNU actions.
              Last edited by qarium; 09 April 2021, 06:26 PM.
              Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Working...
              X