Arch Linux's Install Media Adds "Archinstall" For Quick/Easy Installations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch Linux's Install Media Adds "Archinstall" For Quick/Easy Installations

Phoronix: Arch Linux's Install Media Adds "Archinstall" For Quick/Easy Installations

This month's Arch Linux install media update now provides "archinstall" as the guided installer for Arch Linux for those preferring a quick and easy route for deploying Arch Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

While I appreciate arch being something like a binary gentoo, I think it becoming more Debian-like in usability is probably a good idea, overall.

Comment

I don't like it. Forums will be flooded with users not knowing what they have installed.

Comment

This is amazing the arch team actually pays attention to the critiques, while still maintaining the kiss principle.

Comment

Last time I installed Arch on one of my laptop (netbook, still running it) was god knows how many years ago ;-)

At that time, it was post systemd but pacstrap era.

Comment

Originally posted by juxuanu View Post
            I don't like it. Forums will be flooded with users not knowing what they have installed.
            No One is forced to use this tool, it's a command available in Arch Medium for anyone who like guided installation. Still manual , full customized installation is far better option for experienced users.

Comment

I also think this is great - I appreciate how Arch can be as advanced or as simple as you want, with minimal compromises. Sure, even this guided installer isn't the most glamorous or user-friendly, but frankly, if you can't handle this then you can't handle Arch in general. So it's a good way for newcomers to get into Arch without getting too frustrated or overwhelmed.

Comment

Man, Gnome looks positively retro in that screenshot.

Comment

wow, now even i can try arch linux haha

Comment

Originally posted by juxuanu View Post
                    forum is already full of people not being able to do simple things that they can do with other distros. and that same forum is full of people that slap the noobs and close their posts.
                    plus i for one would enjoy very much an easy way to install arch instead of running all over wiki on a phone and jumping from page to page to page to page to ....and having to come back from the start and so on and on....

Comment

Working...
                    X